Waste haulers and recycling companies can be negatively impacting your business – and you may not even be aware of it. Price increases, incorrect bills, missed pick-ups, and service charges from your hauler are commonplace in the industry, but finding those mistakes and fighting for corrections is time consuming and painful. They rely on the fact most companies don't pay attention, and that costs you money.
There are also built-in inefficiencies in the hauling industry that are never brought to your attention; for instance, did you know it costs more money to make multiple pick-ups each week with smaller dumpsters than fewer pickups with larger containers?
It takes time and effort to manage trash, and so many companies have learned the way to save is by by partnering with a waste management company like Federal International They manage your trash for you, working on your behalf to streamline your processes and increase your single-stream recycling rate.
Expect your waste consultant to:
- Visit your business and perform a complementary audit of your current trash collection and disposal systems.
- Make recommendations for the right sized equipment to meet your needs
- Adjust collection schedules so that you are paying to transport only full containers, not air
- Maximize your recycling opportunities with the goal of diverting waste away from landfills.
- Negotiate hauler rates on new contracts and renegotiate rates on existing contracts.
- Monitor monthly trash hauling bills to identify errors.
Even if your business is located in a franchise trash market, consultants can save you money adjusting the collection schedule, changing container size, and increasing recycling. You may be locked in to rates stated by law, but there's always room to save money through right-sizing your service.
There should be no new costs incurred to identity potential savings. Find a consultant that uses a shared savings model; these companies will do all of this work for a percentage of your monthly savings.
Here's a good example: we saved one client, a national property management company, over 1 million dollars over a 4-year period just by renegotiating their trash hauling contracts. Click here to find out how we did it.
Time is money, and you can save both by partnering with a waste management company. Click here to take the first step in discovering exactly how much you can save.